Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Forever Young And Always Cool, Heath Ledger Dies At The Age Of 28


I was going through some school books with my mom when news broke that Heath Ledger was found dead in his SOHO apartment at the tender age of 28. Mom and I were in shock. We just saw him in Casanova a few weeks ago.

Ledger will be most remebered for his role as a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain for which he received an Oscar nomination. It was on this set that he met former girlfriend, Dawson's Creek alum, Michelle Williams. Together the two have a daughter Matilda Rose, now 2.

Ledger not only leaves behind his family and friends, but a world full of fans who were waiting to see what would come next for him. I know they will be lined up around the block this summer to see him as The Joker in the Batman sequel The Dark Knight.

Ledger will be greatly missed. I leave you with this Ben Harper video for Morning Yearning that was directed by Ledger. Enjoy.



No comments: