Saturday, January 19, 2008

Lady About Town



This statement is so true, especially when you live in New Ro. We have no stores here except Modells, Madrag, Annie Sez, and Payless. What gives? I would love an H&M in my town. I have to go to the city to get everything. I went to H&M today and got an awesome blue shift dress, gray slacks, and a gray/yellow/gold plaid blouse for less than the price of one pair of the DKNY jeans I picked up in Macy's minutes before. Speaking of Macy's I went to the Junior's department and there was this really long line there. I thought it was for the fitting rooms until I saw that the people were mostly girls with no clothes slung over their arms. Some Macy's employees said that there was supposed to be some celebrity signing today with people from One Tree Hill. That sounded about right to me as a sign I read said that with a $35 purchase from the Juniors department you get a free Clothes Over Bros handbag. I didn't get anything from that department, but I think the celeb might have been Sophia Bush since Clothes/Bros is her character's clothing line. Makes sense to me.

Fashion week kicks off on February 1st in Bryant Park. Mom and I walked through it on our way from Macy's to H&M and we saw them setting up for the upcoming week. They were laying down the runways and I was actually able to walk on them as we made our way through the park. So surreal. So New York.

Best way to top of a shopping trip to New York ... a slice of Junior's Red Velvet cake to regain those calories lost while trekking around the epic city.

Last but not least, the most common souvenir from NY herself ... sore limbs.

Until next time,
Ace

No comments: