Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Albums to Get: Soundtrack to Your Summer Edition!

I know Ashlee Simpson's latest album came out yesterday, but save your pennies for some real artists that will have you road trippin' to their sounds this summer.

Last year I stumbled across a band straight out of Auburn, New York. If you've been an avid AceAve reader, you know who I'm talking about.

October Nites is their name and fame is what they'll gain as more people become exposed to their music. Their album, When We Were Infinite, recently debuted on iTunes, Amazon, Napster, and Rhapsody so you have no excuse for not finding a way to put your $7.92 to good use.

What's their sound? I think the band's MySpace says it best:
"3/4 Cup of Rock
2 Tablespoons of Pop
Several Hints of Emotion
and a Dash of Dragon-Slaying Solos
Please Mix Thoroughly for a Delicious Treat!
"

Sounds like a recipe for success to me!

Want to know what I think about the album? Go to iTunes and read the "aceave" review now: iTunes

Since '08 rolled in, I've subscribed to Worship Worthy's Daily Bread newsletter; that's where I spotted this next album.

I love Gym Class Heroes' blend of rap and rock. While I'm awaiting their next album, I've found something similar to fill the void. Searching for Rick Rubin is the brainchild rock/rap mixtape of remixer J. Period and Brooklyn-based band Game Rebellion.

Much love is shown for Brooklyn in the interludes and reworked lyrics recorded over remixed hits including Run-DMC's My Adidas and Jay-Z's 99 Problems. If you listen closely, the lyrics in the remixes contain modern messages just as important as the ones in the original tracks.

If that's not an incentive to get this album, maybe this will do it ... the album is free and legal! Download it here: SearchingForRickRubin.com

----------



October Nites
When We Were Infinite
Favourite Track: California? It's Kind of a Long Story ...



J. Period & Game Rebellion
Searching for Rick Rubin
Favourite Track: Goin Back to Cali ft. Zion I

(Sidenote: Don't you love how all the tracks I love have to do with California?)

No comments: